Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Just Like Heaven

I got this charming little movie out of the library yesterday and watched it last night. It’s a lovely way to spend a hot summer night -- a light romantic comedy starring Reese Witherspoon and Mark Ruffalo, who proves how funny he can be. (I already knew how funny Reese is.)
Ruffalo plays David, a man still mourning for his wife who died two years ago. He sublets an apartment -- with a great view of San Francisco! -- in which Witherspoon, as Elizabeth, appears at unexpected times. He thinks she’s a spirit; she thinks she’s alive. Together they set out to find the truth and, no surprise, fall in love.
I had never heard of this movie, but I’m so glad I stumbled upon it. I enjoyed it from beginning to end and will probably get it out again sometime. Check it out!

No comments: