Thursday, June 26, 2008

At the Start of Your Day


Dear Lord, thank You for the night’s rest You gave
me. I am grateful for the renewed energy and
enthusiasm it has brought. Accept my gratitude for
bringing me to the beginning of this new day. I accept
it as a precious gift from You. May I use it minute by
minute to do Your will. Guide me in every problem I
face, every decision I make this day. Help me to treat
everyone kindly, fairly and thoughtfully. If I should
forget you during this day, please do not forget me.
Amen.

This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice
and be glad in it. (Psalm 118:24)


The above prayer is excerpted from Guideposts’ E-booklet, A Prayer for Every Need. For this and other prayers, download A Prayer for Every Need.

1 comment:

Roy A. Hewitt said...

I enjoyed reading the poems and inspirations. Thank you. Roy.