Sunday, March 28, 2010
Spring Clean Your Spirit
By Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
Spring is a time for renewal. Use these steps to be refresh your spirit and be the person you were meant to be.
1. To live in this world you have to be strong. Start developing inner strength in mind and spirit by affirming the great fact that God built strength into your nature.
2. Practice praying during the day. Talk to God as you drive your car, as you make dinner. Wherever you are - it's always the perfect time for prayer. Imagine the Lord is there for you. He is!
3. No matter what your situation is, be hopeful! Raise your sights and see the possibilities—always see them, for they're always there.
4. Your thoughts and words have a strong impact on how you feel. Focus on thinking and speaking positively, even when you feel down.
5. Release your fear to God. He will give you faith, and faith is always stronger than fear.
6. Don't limit your future with small thinking. Pray big, believe big, think big.
7. Remember: what you think you will become—good or bad, weak or strong, defeated or victorious, so picture yourself strong, happy and successful.
8. Be thankful. Let your prayers consist of all the wonderful things that have happened to you. Name them, thank God for them and make that your whole prayer. You will soon find that these prayers of thanksgiving grow longer and longer, and you will have more and more things for which to thank God.
9. Rest in the fact that God is watching over you and protecting you. Praise him for helping you grow and bloom.
10. Be patient. Change doesn't happen overnight, but in time, with faith, you'll feel refreshed and ready for any challenges or opportunities that come your way.
This article appeared in Guideposts magazine.