Thursday, February 28, 2013

StageNotes

You may have heard of Stem to Steam, a new push to increase arts education in schools. The traditional curriculum of science, technology, engineering and math needs the A of arts to create the steam of a more rounded education.

With bullying having serious effects around the country and violence in schools a continuing problem, many people feel the humanizing and transforming power of the arts is needed. A bill before Congress is supporting the Stem to Steam effort.

So is a new multi-faceted program called StageNotes.com, which bills itself as "Presenting Broadway: The New Core Standards Curriculum That Performs."  I was interviewed this week about my book Working on the Inside: The Spiritual Life Through the Eyes of Actors and my experiences as an educator incorporating the arts in my curriculum. Click here to read my interview and to explore all that StageNotes has to offer.

No comments: