Monday, October 26, 2009

Kristin Chenoweth -- She's Coming Back!


It’s official! Next spring Kristin Chenoweth will be back where she belongs -- on Broadway -- in a revival of the Burt Bacharach-Hal David-Neil Simon musical Promises, Promises. I know she just won an Emmy for “Pushing Daisies,” but to me she was born to do musical theatre.

Joined by "Will & Grace" star Sean Hayes, Kristin will play Fran Kubelik in this musical adaptation of Billy Wilder's popular film, "The Apartment," about a sleazy, ambitious corporate hack who earns promotions by lending his flat out to executives for sexual flings. Things heat up even more when he falls for Fran, one of the office women who is invited to the apartment by an exec.

I love music from the show, delightful songs like "I'll Never Fall in Love Again" and "Promises, Promises," both of which I have on a recording by Dionne Warwick. I can just hear Kristin singing them. She’ll be perfect!

The original Promises, Promises ran for 1,281 performances and was one of the first mainstream Broadway musicals to offer a commercial pop sound in its score.

No comments: